Wednesday 14 January 2009

63-102-15

If you have found this message then I hope you are someone who can help me. For that I thank you.

I guess I owe you an explanation.

My two friends who I shall refer to as No and P for the moment and myself are students studying ancient history and maths.

We heard about the Voynich manuscript during a lecture and though it would be fun to try to crack it. We downloaded copies from the Yale Beinecke library website but after almost three months we had nothing.

By that time though No was already getting jumpy. He kept telling us he thought he was being followed and that someone had searched his room several times. At the time we both thought he had been smoking too much weed.

Then three days ago while No and myself were grabbing a takeaway P dropped all the print outs on the library floor. When we returned I had never seen him so excited. He showed us that while all the papers were spread out on the floor he had spotted several tiny snippets of text that lined up when the pages overlapped.

Now here comes the bit that spooked us. As we slowly pieced it together we found that the message was not in Latin but in modern English.

This was when we made our first big mistake. While P was still searching for the rest of the message No and I were phoning and emailing everyone we could think of to see if anyone else had found any part of the message.

That evening we made our second mistake leaving all our paperwork in my room while we went down to the bar to talk over what we had found. We though it had to be a mistake a fluke maybe some kind of joke.

When we returned to our dorms we found the rooms trashed and all notes and print outs gone. It was only by chance I had kept a copy of the message in my wallet. A message we no longer thought was a joke. When we tried to download new copies of the manuscript we found that some of the pages we had seen were gone or had been changed.

Then we found out P had disappeared too. He had never made it back to his dorm. That was when I decided I had to hide till I could work out what to do. I guess I have not been thinking clearly since then. I just know I have to find the other parts of the message where ever they are.

The messa

There is someone outside, I think they found me. I have to stop

No comments:

Post a Comment